Theme: “ICT — Past and Future”
The IICTG 2017 conference was held at the Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot, in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA from September 26 to 28, 2017. The theme is “ICT (Intelligent Construction Technologies) – Past and Future”.
Who Should Attend
- Federal, State & Local Agencies
- Construction Specification Writers
- Paving Contractors and QC Managers
- Grading Contractors and QC Managers
- Pavement Design Engineers
- Construction and Material QA Engineers
- Equipment Vendors
- University Researchers
- Engineering Consultants
- Transportation Research Board (TRB), USA
- International Society for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (ISSMGE)
- Minnesota Department of Transportation (the Host)
- University of Minho, Portugal
- University of Texas – El Paso, USA
- Southwest Jiaotong University, China
- Harbin Institute of Technology, China
- Tongji University, China
- University of Pretoria, South Africa
- TRB AFD90 Committee: Pavement Surface and Vehicle Interaction, USA
- TRB AFH60 Committee: Flexible Pavement Construction, USA
- TRB AFP70 Committee: Mineral Aggregate, USA
- TRB AFB80 Committee: Geospatial Data Acquisition Technologies in Design and Construction, USA
- TRB AHD20 Committee: Pavement Maintenance, USA
- TRB AFH20 Committee: Quality Assurance Management, USA
- European Asphalt Pavement Association (EAPA)
Financial Sponsorship and Exhibitors
- TOPCON Positioning System
- Wirtgen Group-Hamm
- Dynapac, USA
- MOBA USA
- Volvo North America
Brochure and Agenda
- Brochure (English, 中文会议手册)
- Detailed Agenda , 中文会议议程 (final)
- IC-PMTP ETG Meeting Agenda (8AM-noon, 9/26)
- ICDM-Veta Workshop Agenda (1PM-5PM, 9/26)
- IICTG Business Meeting Agenda (5PM-6PM, 9/27)
- Speakers’ bios and abstracts
- November 18, 2016 – Call for Presentations
- March 31, 2017 – Submission abstracts of presentations (extended to April 7)
- May 1, 2017 – Notification of accepted titles/abstracts for presentations
- July 31, 2017 – The early-bird registration
- August 29, 2017 – The early-bird hotel reservation at the conference rates
- August 28, 2017 – Submission of speakers’ presentations, bios, and permission forms
- September 26-28, 2017 – IICTG conference
Call for Presentations
IICTG encourages you to share the latest-&-pertinent topics in presentation form on the following topics:
- Integration of Intelligent Construction Technologies (ICT),
- Research and Implementation on Intelligent Compaction (IC) Equipment and Systems
- Research and Implementation on Paver-mounted Thermal Profiling (PMTP) Equipment and Systems
- Positioning Systems and Automated Machine Guidance (AMG) for Intelligent Construction
- Data Analysis and Reporting of Intelligent Construction Data
- Cloud Computing and Data Management for Intelligent Construction
- Standardization of IC Measurements, Data Exchanges, and Storage
- IC Specifications and Case Studies – Lessons Learn
Please submit a presentation abstract of 300 words or less in a one-page MS Word document via the IICTG Contact page using “Abstract for IICTG Presentation” as the subject line.
- Example abstract
- Speakers’ instructions for presentation and permission form, bios example, and MS PPT template.
Registration & Fees
- The registration fee is $500 for early bird general attendees ($550 after June 28). For US FHWA and DOT attendees, the early bird registration fee is $400 ($450 after June 28).
- Vendors’ exhibit fee is $1,500 that includes a 10’X10′ exhibit booth and 1 free registration.
- Sponsorship are at three levels: and Platinum ($5,000), Gold ($2,500), and Silver ($1,500). See the following for detailed benefits.
There are two ways to register:
- Register online !
- Download and Fill out the registration form and FAX this form to USA +1 517-432-8223 Or MAIL this form, with payment to Michigan State University—NCPP, 2857 Jolly Rd., Okemos, MI 48864 USA
For registration questions, contact Patte Hahn of the National Center for Pavement Preservation (NCPP) at +1 (517) 432-8220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration for MnRoad Tour on Sept. 25
A free MnRoad tour is open to all IICTG registrants from 2PM to 4PM on September 25. Please register directly at the MnDOT website!
9011 77th Street SE, Monticello, MN 55362, 651- 297-2996
- Map and directions
- More information about MnROAD (PDF)
Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot
225 South 3rd Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55401
Phone: +1  211.4611
Hotel reservations can be made for the block rates of $179/night no later than July 28, 2017. You can reserve by either:
- Accessing the online hotel reservations, or
- Calling +1 (612) 375-1700 or +1 (866) 211-4611 and ask for the IICTG Conference Room Block
The Depot is located in the Historic Mill and Riverfront Districts in downtown Minneapolis.
The nearby airport is Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport about 30 min. away.
Recommendation for the ground transportation to the Depot.
If you are traveling from a foreign country to the US, please check the US VISA requirements. Contact us if you need any assistance such as official IICTG invitation letters.
Continuing Education (CEU) Credits
We will also offer certificates of continuing education (CEU) credits to IICTG attendees upon requests.
- Registration, sponsorship opportunity, and CEU credits: Contact Patte Hahn of the National Center for Pavement Preservation at (517) 432 8220 or email email@example.com.
- Presentation/Moderating Sessions: Use the IICTG contact page.
Transportation Research Board, USA
International Society for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (ISSMGE)
Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT), USA
University of Minho, Portugal
Southwest Jiaotong University, China
University of Texas - El Paso, USA
Harbin Institute of Technology, China
Tongji University, China
University of Pretoria, South Africa
TRB AFD90 Pavement Surface and Vehicle Interaction Committee, USA
TRB AFH60 Flexible Pavement Construction Committee, USA
TRB AFP70 Mineral Aggregate Committee, USA
European Asphalt Pavement Association (EAPA)