We are pleased to invite you to join us at the Industry 4.0 in Construction Workshop (I4C 2019), to be held in Porto, Portugal, in September 29, 2019. I4C 2019 will take place under the auspices of the 3rd International Conference on Information Technology in Geo-Engineering (3rd ICITG), which is organized in the framework of the activities of the Joint Technical Committee 2 (JTC2) on Representation of Geo-Engineering Data of the Federation of International Geo-Engineering Societies (FedIGS), by the Portuguese Geotechnical Society (SPG) and the University of Minho (UM).
In the context of the disruptive potential of Industry 4.0 (I4.0), this timely Workshop will address the concepts, technologies and methods associated with I4.0 that can influence the construction industry. I4C 2019 aims to provide both scholars and practitioners with an up-to-date insight on the transformation that is expected to occur in this industry as a result of the gradual implementation of I4.0. Hence, the Workshop will act as a platform for discussion and exchange of knowledge in the context of both vertical and horizontal constructions, spanning different topics which include, but are not limited to:
- Cyber-physical systems and robotics, including Intelligent Compaction: applications to construction processes
- Internet of Things as a connector of construction suppliers, resources and people
- Adaptive and flexible simulation and optimization systems supporting structural design and/or operations management
- Big data analytics and artificial intelligent systems for the prediction of design and construction parameters
- Applications of additive manufacturing/3-D Printing
- Augmented reality and its uses in design and construction
- Building Information Modelling (BIM) and collaborative design
The deadline for abstract submissions is August 31, 2019. Accepted abstracts will be included in the Conference Proceedings, while the most innovative abstracts may be selected to be submitted in the form of a manuscript to a special journal publication in one of the Journals associated with the Conference, namely:
- Underground Space (https://www.journals.elsevier.com/underground-space);
- Journal of Smart Infrastructure and construction (https://www.icevirtuallibrary.com/page/jsmic/promo).
More information, including documentation for authors, can be found on the Workshop website, https://i40inconstruction.wixsite.com/home.
For registrations please visit the Conference website, http://www.3rd-icitg2019.civil.uminho.pt/.
We look forward to meeting you in Porto soon.
The I4C 2019 Organizing Committee