The International Intelligent Construction Technologies Group (IICTG) is a source for knowledge and information on intelligent construction technologies for public agencies, contractors, consultants, academia, and other relevant industries
IICTG provides a forum for the dissemination of knowledge concerning the collection, analysis, and application of information relating to intelligent construction technologies (ICT).
ICT consists of real time quality monitoring and process control during construction of foundation and pavements for highways, airports, railroads, dams, cities, and ports. ICT involves construction equipment technologies such as pavers, rollers, and other devices.
ICT also makes use state-of-the-art technologies such as Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS), automated testing/monitoring, 3D designs/modeling, automated machine guidance (AMG), Cloud computing, Civil Integrated Management (CIM) and Building Information Modeling (BIM), etc. The goals of ICT are to improve quality control and acceptance of constructions as well as reducing life-cycle cost of the above mentioned assets.
The initial scope of IICTG would focus on the specific technologies such as Intelligent Compaction (IC) and paver-mounted thermal profiling (PMTP).
The scope is expected to expand to other areas such as 3D designs/modeling, AMG, CIM and BIM. It is anticipated that the IITCG will evolve in the future along with technology advancements and changes in the ways construction are being done.
- Exchange ideas and information in an informal setting biannually.
- Provide a forum for the practitioners of the intelligent construction systems.
- Provide a forum for the agencies, contractors, academic, vendors, and consultants.
- Provide a forum for discussion of research and development.
- Focus on the latest initiatives in the group’s areas of interest.
- Provide training in the areas of concentration.
- Create and maintain a network of personal and professional relationships.